Easy Turkey Pot Pie
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 2 ready made 9" pie crusts (uncooked)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10¾ oz.)
- ½ cup milk
- 9 oz. package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed. (Carrots, peas and green beans)
- 1½ cups chopped cooked turkey
- Salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the soup, milk, vegetables and turkey together in a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the turkey mix into one of the pie crusts.
- (Using the other pie crust as a topper for the pie.)
- Lay the pie crust on top and pinch together the edges with the bottom crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the crust browned evenly.
My husband loved this!!! I was making freezer meals one weekend and was trying to use up all the smoked turkey from last thanksgiving I had stored. I came upon your recipe for Turkey Pot Pie. Now my husband isn’t fond of white sauce, but i figured I’d give it a try. Oh my god he loved it. He said this year we’re smoking 2 turkeys just so i have a stock pile of turkey pot pies. Thank you so much. Annie
Sugar n' Spice Gals says
Haha this made me laugh. I love reading comments like this. Thanks for sharing and I hope he enjoys it just as much this year.
Also, I think I need to buy a smoker just for thanksgiving dinner. Smoked turkey sounds amazing 🙂