One of my favorite pumpkin desserts on our blog is our gooey pumpkin cake . I wanted to take that recipe and turn it into a cupcake recipe, mostly because I just find cupcakes so much easier to eat. Well this cake batter pumpkin cupcake recipe turned out to be absolutely delicious and I think these cupcakes are pretty darn cute. They would make a beautiful, edible display on a fall feast table.
What I love about these cupcakes is that the yellow cake blended in with the pumpkin both complement each other so well. I love pumpkin desserts, but sometimes I feel like the pumpkin flavor can be a little overbearing. These cupcakes are a little bit more mild on the pumpkin side, but still full of rich yummy flavor. I considered making a cream cheese frosting to go on top, but one thing I love about pumpkin pie is topping it off with whipped cream. So that’s what I did and they turned out perfect.
These cake batter pumpkin cupcakes will definitely bit a hit with your family or next time you need to bring a treat over to the neighbors. I definitely approve them, and ever more satisfying was that my husband approved them as well.
- YELLOW CAKE
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- PUMPKIN MIX
- ½ block 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 16 oz pumpkin puree
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 container cool whip or homemade whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the cake mix, 2 eggs, 1 stick melted butter, and sour cream.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together pumpkin, butter, cream cheese, and eggs.
- Add the cinnamon and nutmeg and mix.
- Mix in the powdered sugar and one cup of flour.
- Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Fill each cupcake liner ⅓ full of the cake batter and ½ of the liner with the pumpkin mix.
- (The pumpkin doesn't rise like the cake does, so you'll want to add more pumpkin than cake)
- Put in the oven for 16-17 minutes
- Top with a spoonful of whipped cream.
Leave a Reply