I have been obsessed with creamy hamburger beef stroganoff ever since I was little. I’m pretty sure the only kind of hamburger stroganoff I ever even ate as a kid was the hamburger helper beef stroganoff version, but nonetheless I was still obsessed. Obviously I prefer making this hamburger stroganoff recipe with fresh ingredients now, but you definitely can’t go wrong as a busy mom using the boxed versions of your favorite meals.
Now that I’m a mom I am constantly looking for easy dinner recipes. Cooking with hamburger beef to me is super easy and if you season it properly, it usually tastes fabulous. That’s why I went ahead and made my creamy stroganoff recipe using hamburger beef instead of beef tips or a roast. The combination of the beef flavoring and creamy texture is what makes me so obsessed with stroganoff.
Hamburger Beef Stroganoff Secret Ingredient!
Something that you also must know is the secret to this hamburger beef stroganoff is the extra butter I added. It seriously gave the dish a more rich flavor that had my husband dying over how yummy this meal is. I know that I’ve made a pretty delicious beef stroganoff recipe with hamburger when my husband is obsessed and asks me to put it on the monthly recipe cycle.
Next time you’re looking for the perfect hamburger dish for your family and are only given a little bit of time, then try this creamy hamburger beef stroganoff recipe. Your family will love it. (Mushrooms can easily be omitted for any of your picky eaters)
If you want to try another creamy dinner recipe similar to this, check out this amazing Swedish Meatball recipe. Both of these are winners!
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ½ large onion
- ¼ cup butter
- 14.5 oz can beef broth (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- ½ cup water
- 12 oz package No Yolk Egg Noodles
- Cook the noodles according to package. Set aside.
- In a large skillet brown the hamburger meat with the garlic, onion and salt and pepper.
- When the beef has browned add in the mushrooms to the meat allow them to brown in the hamburger grease. Let them cook for about 3 minutes.
- Drain the grease from the hamburger, and leave the meat in the skillet.
- Add the beef broth and let simmer over medium heat for 2 mins.
- Melt the butter and mix with the cream.
- Whisk the cream butter mixture into the skillet and let it simmer for 5 mins while continuously stirring.
- The sauce will be a bit runny. To thicken it up mix up the corn starch and water together in a separate bowl. When it mixed well, then you can whisk the corn starch mixture in with the sauce.
- Let the sauce simmer over medium heat for the next 5 mins making sure you are occasionally stirring. This will give time for the sauce to thicken.
- Add the sour cream and stir. Allow the sauce to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- When you've reached your desired thickness then you can serve it over the no yolk egg noodles.
Leave a Reply