Cranberry Almond Chex Mix
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Snacks
- 3 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 6 cups of Golden Grahams cereal
- ¾ cup grated coconut
- 1½ cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl (excluding sugar).
- Heat the butter, Karo syrup, and sugar in sauce pan over medium heat while stirring. Once all the sugar has dissolved and it starts boiling let it boil for 2-3 minutes. It will expand into a frothy like substance (this is good because it will coat the chex mix evenly).
- Immediately pour over dry ingredients and mix.
- Spread wax paper over 2 big cookie sheets and spread apart the mixture on the cookie sheets so that it doesn't all clump together.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes and then EAT!!
Leave a Reply