Copy Cat Bonzai Burger
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: main dish
- ⅓ pound hamburger patty
- Hamburger bun (I used a whole wheat bun, but you could use a sesame seed bun which is what I think they use at Red Robin)
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1-2 pineapple slices (I love pineapple so I used two slices)
- 1 Tbsp. mayonaise
- Tomato slices (1 or 2 depending on size of the tomato)
- Lettuce, shredded)
- ½ cup Teriyaki Sauce (I used KC Masterpiece Honey Teriyaki Sauce)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Marinate for 30 minutes your hamburger patty in ¼ cup of the Teriyaki sauce, use the other ¼ cup to marinate the pineapple slices.
- After the meat and pineapple are done marinating, grill the hamburger patty on medium high heat. Cook it to the way you like it done. (I'm a medium well person)
- Melt the cheese on the patty while it is still on the grill.
- Cook the pineapple slices for about 1 minute on each side.
- You can also heat your bun on the grill, this is the way my husband likes his.
- To assemble the burger, spread the mayonnaise on both slices of the bun, then layer the tomato, patty, pineapple slices and lettuce. I put salt and pepper on the patty after it was done cooking.
- Oh my goodness, this is so delicious and filling!
This is my FAVORITE burger at Red Robin. I am so excited to try making it at home!