I am a huge fan of chicken lettuce wraps. Every time I go to P.F. Changs I have to order the lettuce wraps, and most of the time that’s all I order because I am so obsessed with them. I love how much flavor they have and that they seem healthy because they are piled inside of a big crisp lettuce leaf. I would definitely recommend trying the lettuce wraps anytime you have a chance.
Well considering I don’t go to P.F Changs that often, I decided to make my own lettuce wrap recipe. This dish was absolutely delightful. I feel like I have been making a lot of cheesy, creamy dishes lately, so this was a great change of pace having something that tasted light and healthy, and yet still so delicious. Best part of all is that these took less than 30 minutes to make and ended up being our main dish. We just added a little bit of rice with them and we had a full meal.
I definitely will be making this dish again. So light, crisp and delicious!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ of an onion diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ cup diced water chestnuts
- ¾ cup diced mushrooms
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup Lo Mein noodles
- ⅓ c soy sauce
- ¼ c hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large frying pan heat 2 tsp of sesame oil. (You can substitute for olive oil)
- Brown the ground chicken in the sesame oil for about 5 minutes making sure you crumble up the chicken into small pieces.
- After browning the ground chicken, set it aside..
- Add another tsp of sesame oil to the pan.
- In the same pan Saute the garlic, onion, water chestnuts and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back in with the vegetables and let saute for 2 more minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and chicken and mix all the ingredients together.
- Let all the ingredients simmer over low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Scoop a large spoonful into a lettuce leaf and add some lo mein noodles, wrap and eat.
- (You can also make rice to put into the lettuce leaf first before adding the chicken)
Leave a Reply