I came home from work today and saw that I had 6 very ripe bananas in my cupboard. It was time to make some good old banana nana bread. I have this way of making rhyming silly words with things, so this is what came out of my mouth today! Banana Nana Bread! There are so many recipes out there for banana bread and I have tried many of them, but this is the one that I found to be my absolute favorite. I think the sour cream in it adds just the right flavor that I love. Not only does it taste amazing, it makes my house smell amazing!
Banana Nana Bread
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: breads
- ⅓ cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon soda
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Mix oil, sugar, eggs, bananas, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into greased and floured bread pans
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean).
- This will make 2 large or 3 medium loaves.
Leave a Reply