We call this Banana Cream Delight, because it is really a such a delight to eat!
It is so fluffy and light and makes a great dessert to share. You can make this dessert with the vanilla wafers or without. It is delicious either way! However, I personally prefer to make it with the Vanilla Wafers….A little crunch compliments the creaminess of this recipe well.
This is a favorite around our house, and I often get requests to bring this dessert to family gatherings or social events because it is such a hit!
So if you love bananas as much as I do, then I am sure you will love this Banana Cream Delight recipe! Man…just writing about it has got me salivating now. I think I need some of this goodness in my mouth right now! Seriously!
Banana Cream Delight
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: dessert
- ½ cup butter
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1¼ cup crushed graham crackers
- 8 oz (1 cup) sour cream
- 12 oz whipped cream (cool whip if you like)
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 3-4 bananas
- 20-25 vanilla wafers (optional)
- Mix together butter, sugar and crushed graham crackers. Press into a 9x13 dish.
- In another bowl whip together sour cream, cool whip and pudding.
- Layer on top of the crust the following: sliced bananas, ½ filling, vanilla wafers, and top with rest of filling.
- Let set in refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
Vanilla Wafers are optional. This dessert is also delicious without it. It just becomes a more creamy dessert
Leave a Reply