This is by far the best sweet and sour chicken recipe I have ever made! I found this recipe on the website browneyedbaker.com and wanted to give it a try. I loved how tender the chicken was and how absolutely delicous the sauce turned out. The sauce on the chicken thickens as it cooks in the oven and oh my I still can’t stop thinking about how delicous it was!
This is seriously an amazing Sweet and Sour Chicken. My husband made the comment that we no longer need to go out to eat chinese food because this was so good, but I did remind him that it is nice once in awhile to have someone else do the cooking and cleaning!
Amazing Sweet and Sour Chicken
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp. ketchup
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In one dish, beat the eggs.
- In another mix the flour and cornstarch together.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Dip the chicken in the flour and cornstarch mixture.
- Next dip the floured chicken in the egg.
- Dip one more time in the flour cornstarch mixture and then place in the frying pan.
- Cook the chicken until all the sides are browned.
- Place the chicken in a single layer in the 9x13 dish.
- Mix together the sauce by whisking together the sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce and garlic.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Bake in the oven, uncovered, for 1 hour. Toss the chicken a couple of times while cooking to make sure each piece is coated well.
- Serve with fried rice and ENJOY!!!!
Sakk-Chob Kinkhongaroy says
I noticed that you have lots of yummy recipes on your page and I would like to suggest you have a look at our Top Food Blogs section here: http://www.alldishes.co.uk/top-food-blogs.
If you want to add your food blog for get more visit traffic to the list and have your recipes indexed on Alldishes.co.uk, all you have to do is follow the instructions here: http://www.alldishes.co.uk/add-your-food-blog
Hopefully hearing from you soon,