It’s always interesting the things you remember as you grow older, especially when it comes to food. Different tastes and smells can bring me back to specific times in my life, and make me remember something I haven’t thought of for years.
For some reason these little Pineapple Cream Cheese Finger Sandwiches stick out in my mind. My mom used to make these when I was growing up.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Sandwiches for Special Occasions
She would make these pineapple cream cheese finger sandwiches for special occasions, usually when we were entertaining friends or family. I remember thinking that these were a weird cream cheese sandwich, but boy did I love them!
Pineapple Cream Cheese “Tea Sandwiches”
My mom used to call these pineapple cream cheese sandwiches “tea sandwiches”. They were made to be served at tea parties. We never really had tea parties, but when my mom entertained they were usually on her list.
We loved the colors, and the fact they taste great only adds to the appeal. These make the perfect little finger sandwich for a brunch, baby shower, or holiday party. Or get creative and start using them for tea parties of your own!
Try This Pineapple Cream Cheese Finger Sandwich Recipe Today!
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Loaf of white bread
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans (opt.)
- Mix together the cream cheese and about 1 Tbs. of the crushed pineapple juice.
- Blend together until smooth.
- Add the sugar, cream cheese and walnuts.
- Spread on to white bread slices to make a sandwich.
- Cut the crusts off, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate
- When ready to serve cut into small slices (good for a finger food size)
- Note: If you want to make them fit with a holiday, use cookie cutters to cut the bread. Ex: Christmas Trees, Easter eggs, etc. Add a little food coloring to the cream cheese mixture for color if desired.
If you’re looking for a more savory pineapple dish, check out this pineapple chicken curry recipe!