I’ve struggled over the years finding just the right teriyaki chicken recipe. It took me a long time but I eventually found the right combination of ingredients. This recipe for Teriyaki Glazed Chicken is easy and it is the absolute perfect flavor in my book.
Glazed Chicken With Perfect Teriyaki Flavor
Once again, I am always wanting to make recipes that I know I can throw together pretty quickly since I am often crunched for time when I get home from work. This is one of those recipes that actually can be made in no time at all.
I always used to think it was best to use boneless chicken breasts when making my teriyaki chicken, but using boneless chicken thighs is actually the best. The thighs are tender and moist and actually has the right flavor for what I was looking for.
Another trick for me was to use lite soy sauce, which has about 30% less sodium. I like to serve this with rice and toss in some vegetables. This is by far one of my favorite ways to cook chicken!
Make this Teriyaki Glazed Chicken Recipe Today!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup lite soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1-2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. powdered ginger
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- (Depending how much chicken you want to cook, you can double this recipe)
- 1-1½ Tbs. Corn starch mixed with ¼ cup water
- Combine the sugar, soy sauce, water, garlic and ginger in a deep sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, and drop the chicken thighs into the pan.
- Cook at a low boil for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- If desired, thicken the sauce by mixing 1-1½ Tbs. corn starch with ¼ cup water.
- Mix until dissolved then stir into the teriyaki sauce.
- Serve with rice and vegetables.