I love pork recipes! This Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Ribeye chops recipe is so good that I’ve been excited to get it on the blog.
Pork Ribeye Chops Called By Any Other Name…
I heard somewhere that you won’t be able to go and just buy pork chops at the grocery store, but they will be called either “Porterhouse Chops”, “New York Chops”, and “Ribeye Chops”. A pork butt will now be called a “Boston Roast”. (That does have a better sound to it).
Different Name, Same Delicious Pork Chops Taste
Yesterday I saw for the first time the “Ribeye chops” so I bought some. I decided to use my slow cooker since I had a busy day ahead and cook them in barbecue sauce. What came out is what we lovingly call our Slow cooker BBQ Pork Ribeye Chops! It’s a bit of a mouthful, and so is the meal!
These slow cooker BBQ pork ribeye chops were easy and delicious and made for a great Sunday dinner! I kind of like the new names, but to me they will always still be pork chops!
Try This BBQ Ribeye Chops Recipe Today!
- 3½ pounds boneless Ribeye chops
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (I love Sweet Baby Rays)
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke (optional)
- Garlic powder
- Onion Salt
- Red pepper flakes if you want it spicy (optional)
- Season the pork with garlic powder, onion salt, and pepper.
- Mix the barbecue sauce, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, liquid smoke, and pepper flakes together in a seperate bowl. Layer the pork chops in your slow cooker, making sure to put the sauce on each chop as you go. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. The meat should fall to pieces nicely!
For more pork chop recipes try our Honey Mustard Pork Chops Recipe!