A few years ago, I was trying to figure out what to do with the yummy jams that my step mom gave me, (she makes amazing jams), so I decided to try making a fruit pizza with it. More specifically an Apricot Chicken Pizza! Totally normal, right? 😉
Apricot and Chicken on Pizza: It Works
One of our favorite jams that my step mom makes is her apricot jam. It’s sweet, has amazing consistency and I’ve always thought it would be good with more than just toast or sandwiches. On this fateful night we decided to make our first (and definitely not last!) Apricot Chicken Pizza recipe. While fruit pizzas have become more common in recent years at gourmet pizza places, this was unusual for us.
A Unique Apricot Chicken Pizza Recipe
I know Apricot jam on a pizza sounds a little crazy, and once again my daughter thought I was nuts, but I have a tendency to prove her wrong, and that I did. She loved this fruit pizza recipe!
This is Apricot Chicken Pizza is a fun twist to your traditional pizza, and it was certainly a hit in our home! This Apricot Pizza recipe can be a fun way to spice up your weekly menu plan or impress a visitor.
Try Making this Apricot Chicken Pizza Recipe Today!
- 1 pizza crust (I used Pillsbury's refrigerated pizza dough to save time)
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken with meat removed (or 3 breasts cooked and shredded)
- ¼ cup chopped onion, or green onions chopped.
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- Prepare pizza crust. If using refrigerated pizza dough follow directions on package.
- Pull the chicken off the Rotisserie chicken, or use 3 cooked chicken breasts shredded)
- Spread jam on the pizza crust, top with chicken, onion and swiss cheese.
- Since I used Pillsbury Crust, the directions called to cook the crust in a 425 degree oven for 8 minutes before spreading toppings on.
- After putting the toppings on, I cooked it for another 10-12 minutes because we like a little crispier crust.
For a delicious breadstick recipe to go along with this yummy apricot pizza, try out our easy Garlic Breadsticks!