I always find the winter months of the year to be a little depressing. Aside from the holidays, the weather is colder, the days are shorter, it makes things a little gloomy. With that in mind, I think cooking brightens my day and helps me cheer up!
I thought about making something to remind me a little of spring. Anything with lemons in it reminds me of brighter days. This Lemon Bread with pudding was the perfect lift me up that I needed.
Lemon Bread with Cake Mix!
I love just about anything with lemon in it and this lemon bread with pudding is full of sweet yumminess! (I know, once again yumminess isn’t a real word but it should be). This lemon bread with cake mix is so good it could easily pass a dessert. Some people have even told me they like it as much or more than just a straight up lemon bread pudding!
This lemon bread recipe is easy to throw together and cooks up perfectly moist and delicious. Prep time is under 20 minutes and cook time is under an hour. For a bread recipe, that’s not too bad!
Hopefully the winter blues will fade away soon, but in the meantime this lemon bread made with cake mix will have to do!
For another delicious bread recipe, try out our quick pistachio bread!
- 1 box white cake mix (18.25 oz)
- 2 small packages instant lemon pudding mix (4.3 oz) each
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 8 oz. sour cream
- ¾ cup milk
- 6 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3-5 Tbs. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 2 loaf pans by spraying with Pam and lightly flouring each pan.
- Mix together the cake mix, pudding mixes,oil, eggs,milk, lemon juice and sour cream.
- Beat for approximately 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for about 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- Combine the powdered sugar and start with 3 Tbs. lemon juice and whisk together.
- Add lemon juice until you get the desired consistency that you desire.
- Drizzle over cooled bread and let set.
- Slice and ENJOY!