I don’t know about you, but my favorite side dish at Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) is their coleslaw. Whenever we go there, I always make sure that we have a double order of the KFC coleslaw.
Have you ever wondered how to make KFC coleslaw? Well I found this KFC coleslaw recipe in an old ward cookbook and I would say that it is pretty darn close to being the real thing! Even though it’s a copy cat, this KFC coleslaw recipe really hit the spot.
Time To Whip Up Some KFC Coleslaw!
You can make this copycat KFC Coleslaw recipe from scratch if you’d like, but I prefer to take the easy route and buy the prepackaged coleslaw mix from the salad section at Walmart (I’m sure you can find it at other grocers, too).
Then all I have to do is whip up the sauce real quick and mix it all together. If you choose to do it this way you can literally have this KFC coleslaw recipe made in 5 minutes, and there is nothing lacking in the taste….I find it to be just as delicious!!! My philosophy is, why complicate things if you don’t have to? You can make Kentucky Fried Chicken Coleslaw without having to drive there to get it.
Try this KFC copycat coleslaw recipe at your next big get together or summer BBQ. Your friends will be impressed and they’ll never have to know how easy it was to make!
For another great side to bring to a potluck or BBQ try this Cashew Chicken Pasta Salad!
- 8 cups cabbage, finely shredded (about 1 head)
- ¼ cup carrots, finely diced or shredded
- (Or you could use an already prepared slaw mix in the salad section)
- 2 Tbs. onion, minced (can use green onions if you like)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup whole milk (the less fat in the milk the runnier the salad will be)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1½ Tbsp. white vinegar
- 2½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, and onion; toss well.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the other ingredients.
- Pour mixture over cabbage and mix thoroughly.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate 5 hours.