My family is obsessed with this 7 layer green salad. It is full of so much flavor and includes layers of some of my favorite salad ingredients. Layered with crunchy bacon, hard boiled eggs, and delicious veggies to add the perfect flavor. This salad is topped off with a layer of homemade dressing and covered in cheddar cheese. I seriously couldn’t think of a salad that would be more satisfying.
I brought this 7 layer green salad to my in laws last night for our monthly family Sunday dinner, and it was a huge hit. Everyone kept complimenting on how great it tasted. We are currently doing a health challenge as a family, and we are all looking for more ways to add veggies into our diet. This 7 layer salad isn’t necessarily the healthiest, but at least you’re going to get lots of veggies while still eating something that is packed with so much flavor.
Perfect Salad for a Potluck
One of the best parts of this 7 layer salad is that all the ingredients are all packed together in one big casserole dish. You can prepare it, cover it and then not worry about packing up all the toppings separately. It makes a fabulous salad for potlucks and BBQs.
If you want another delicious green salad recipe, try this Crunchy Pea Salad Recipe!
- 1 small head of lettuce chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup celery
- ½ cup green onions, chopped and tossed with celery to make 1 layer.
- 2 cups frozen green peas, do not cook
- 6 hard boiled eggs diced.
- 1 lb. bacon fried and crumbled
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt (I use Lawry's)
- Mix dressing by combining ingredients.
- Using a 9x13 pan, layer the salad as follows:
- Celery and Green Onion
- Frozen Peas
- Hard boiled eggs
- Make sure the dressing is spread over the salad so that it completely covers it and seals the edges.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.