This is one of my all time favorite bean dips. This Chili Con Queso Bean Dip is always a huge hit at any party or get together. First time I ever had this was at a youth activity for my church. It was so delicious and addicting that my friend Kari and I would just make it on a regular basis as an afternoon snack after school. We did it the easy way by just throwing the cream cheese and Chili together in bowl in the microwave ( covered of course).
I added a few of my own personal touches to this Chili Con Queso Bean Dip recipe. I just wanted to spice things up a bit. However, if all you have the time or budget for is Chili and cream cheese you can still make an amazing dip, That’s really all you need to make a delicious dip that every one will be drooling over. I like to make it both ways…sometimes I just go the simple route, and sometimes I like to Spice thing up.
This Chili Con Queso Bean dip brings back so many great memories of my teenage years every time I have it. It really never get’s old!
Chili con Queso Bean Dip
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
- 2 cans of Chili (I like the thick kind)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 small can green chilies
- ⅓ cup salsa ( I prefer mango salsa)
- Optional ingredients:
- 1 cup black beans
- ½ cup corn
- 1 cup Kidney beans
- Soften the cream cheese a bit in the microwave first (cook for about a minute).
- Combine all ingredients together in a pot and heat over medium heat stirring regularly. Cook for about 5-10 minutes while stirring. Make sure all the cheese is melted and there are not chunks of cream cheese anymore.
- Then you can serve!
This can be served as a hot dip and it also tastes good as a cold dip with chips. You choose your preference.