I am such a peanut butter cookie fan, that I find myself making cookies at least once or twice a week. Sometimes I’m a little lazy and I will use a pre-made cookie dough. I call it my “cheat cookies”. Granted, store bought cookies are good, but there is something about them actually cooking in the oven and making the house smell good that you just can’t beat.
This Peanut Butter Surprise Cookie recipe is as simple as 1,2,3. First, cut the dough in slices. Second, put a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup in the middle and roll into a ball. Third, bake. Yep, that is pretty much all there is.
The fun part of these peanut butter cookies is that there is a surprise in the middle. You may not expect to bite into a cookie filled with yummy candy.
These are quick and easy and yet they taste as though you baked away in the kitchen for a long time. You won’t be disappointed!
For another delicious cookie recipe, try out this Orange Cream cookie recipe!
- 1 (16.5oz.) Pkg. Pillsbury Peanut Butter Cookie Roll (found in the refrigerated section)
- Approximately 16-18 Miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (unwrapped)
- Sugar for rolling the cookies in.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the cookie dough into approximately ½ inch slices.
- Place one peanut butter cup in the middle of each slice and roll the dough into a ball, making sure to cover the candy completely.
- Roll each cookie dough ball in sugar, and place onto the lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 11-12 minutes.
- Let cool and ENJOY!