I always find this time of year to be a little depressing. Now that the holidays are over, the weather is colder, the days are shorter, it makes things a little gloomy. With that in mind, I think cooking brightens my day and helps me cheer up. I thought about making something to remind me a little of spring. Anything with lemons in it reminds me of brighter days. This Lemon Pudding Bread was the perfect lift me up that I needed.
I love just about anything with lemon in it and this lemon pudding bread is full of sweet yumminess! (I know, once again yumminess isn’t a real word but it should be). This is so good it could easily pass a dessert. This recipe is easy to throw together and cooks up perfectly moist and delicious.
Hopefully the winter blues will fade away soon, or I might find my waistline fading away too.
- 1 box white cake mix (18.25 oz)
- 2 small packages instant lemon pudding mix (4.3 oz) each
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 8 oz. sour cream
- ¾ cup milk
- 6 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3-5 Tbs. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 2 loaf pans by spraying with Pam and lightly flouring each pan.
- Mix together the cake mix, pudding mixes,oil, eggs,milk, lemon juice and sour cream.
- Beat for approximately 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for about 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- Combine the powdered sugar and start with 3 Tbs. lemon juice and whisk together.
- Add lemon juice until you get the desired consistency that you desire.
- Drizzle over cooled bread and let set.
- Slice and ENJOY!