At work the other day, a students mother gave me a Chocolate Caramel Pretzel all wrapped up in a cute bag. I absolutely love pretzels, but when you dip them in caramel and chocolate it puts them over the top. I’m a fan of sweet and salty and these are just that. I loved it so much I decided to go home and make my own. I wasn’t sure how to make them, so it was fun trying to figure out how to do it. I bought caramels and chocolate bark and went to work. I found them easy to make except I made one mistake. After dipping them in caramel I put them on a cookie sheet that I had lined with wax paper. MISTAKE! They stuck to the wax paper. Who would have thought! Oh well, I tried again and this time I put them on a buttered cookie sheet. Much better!
Sometimes you have to try things a couple of times or more to achieve success! These turned out so delicious that I got a little carried away and decide to dip my peanut butter crackers in the caramel and chocolate too. Let’s just say that the peanut butter ones turned out amazing! I guess almost anything dipped in caramel and chocolate is delicious to me. 🙂 Be creative and make them rolled in nuts, sprinkles or drizzle a contrast chocolate on top.
- Pretzel Sticks
- Peanut Butter Crackers or make your own by spreading peanut butter on Ritz Crackers.
- 1 bag wrapped caramels
- 2 Tbs. water
- 24 oz package Chocolate Almond Bark
- 24 oz. package Almond Bark (White)
- Chopped pecans, sprinkles
- Grease a cookie sheet with butter
- Unwrap the caramels and microwave for 1 minute in a microwave safe bowl. Stir and then microwave 15 seconds more at a time stirring after each time until you have a nice smooth consistency.
- Dip the pretzel or cracker in the caramel until covered.
- Place on cookie sheet to cool and set.
- Microwave in two separate bowls ½ of the chocolate bark in one bowl and ½ of the almond bark in the other bowl.
- Dip the caramel covered pretzel or cracker in the chocolate.
- Roll in nuts if desired and then place back on buttered cookie sheet.
- If you don't roll in nuts, you can roll them in sprinkles or drizzle the contrasting chocolate bark over the top.
- Let cool and set.