This Blue Cheese Ranch Dip is such an easy and delicious appetizer that can be whipped up in no time at all (about 5-10 minutes to be precise). I really wanted to make a dip to go with some BBQ chicken wings I was making, and I thought this would be the perfect combo. However, my family and I ended up finishing off this Blue Cheese Ranch Dip with veggies before the wings were even ready to be eaten. That’s a testament of how good this stuff is.
I actually have not cared much for blue cheese most of my whole life. The flavor is just too strong for me, so I wasn’t sure if I would end up liking this Blue Cheese Ranch dip. However, in the end, I was able to find the perfect proportions so that the blue cheese doesn’t completely over power the taste of the dip, but adds just enough zing to it. So even if you are one to turn your nose to blue cheese, you may be pleasantly surprised to find that you like it. I know I’m in love with this stuff! It”s really too bad that my mom and brother liked it just as much as me, and finished off most of it before I even got to it. I actually ended up making it again the very next day, because we were all craving it again. That is not something I do often.
This Blue Cheese Ranch Dip would taste good with fresh veggies, crackers, chips, bread, and even chicken wings. It makes the perfect party appetizer as well, but make sure you make plenty because it is sure to get devoured.
- 2 cups Sour Cream
- ¼-1/3 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mix
- 3 diced Green onions
- Mix Hidden Valley Ranch mix in with 1 pint (2 cups) sour cream
- Add blue cheese crumbles (for stronger blue cheese taste add more, for more mild blue cheese flavor add less)
- Dice up Green onions and mix in
- Allow to chill for about 30-60 minutes
- Serve with veggies, cracker, chips, bread, or even Chicken wings