So I guess you could say I’m a little untraditional, in the sense that I don’t really like to eat pie at Thanksgiving time. I don’t know what it is, but pie just does not appeal to me as much as other desserts. I’ll eat it just out of the sake of tradition, but I really would much rather eat something like cheesecake. So I decided to come up with an alternative Thanksgiving dessert for all those non pie lovers like me. I love cheesecake…That is one thing I know for sure. So I decided to give this Pumpkin cheesecake recipe a try. ( I found the recipe on All Recipes).
The other thing I love about this Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake recipe is that it is super easy peasy to make….The only hard part about this recipe is that you have to wait for the cheesecake to sit in the fridge for a few hours before you can eat it. Which is absolute torture once you know how good this stuff is. I’d take this over pie any day!
Pumpkin Cheese Cake
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: dessert
- 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
- ½ c white sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ c pumpkin puree
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- ½ cup frozen whipped topping thawed
- First preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In large bowl combine cream cheese, vanilla and sugar. Beat until smooth and then blend in eggs.
- Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust and then set aside.
- Add pumpkin, and spices to the remaining mixture and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread remaining batter into the crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set and then allow to cool in the refrigerator for about 3 hours. Cover with thawed whipped topping before serving.