So I found this recipe for Corny Corn Muffins while browsing through recipes on allrecipes.com one day. It looked super good, but I had never made cornbread without using a packaged mix. Needless to say I was a little apprehensive about how difficult it would be to make, but was happy to discover that these were much easier to make than I had anticipated. In fact, after trying these Corny Corn Muffins I’m not sure I will ever go back to using a packaged mix. The two things I enjoyed most about this Corn Muffin recipe are that these muffins are super moist and sweet, and they contain real corn chunks. I thought that to be an appropriate ingredient being that they are called “Corny” Corn muffins.
This Corny Corn Muffin recipe definitely outdid any packaged mix I have ever tried by a long shot. It will make the perfect addition to any soup or chili!
"Corny" corn muffins
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: breads
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ c cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ c butter softened
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup frozen corn thawed
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease muffin pan. Or line muffin pan with cupcake holders.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar, honey, eggs and salt.
- Mix in flour cornmeal and baking powder; blend thoroughly.
- Stir in corn and milk.
- Pour or spoon batter into muffin cups. (about ¾ full)
- Cook in oven for 10-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.
Make sure to check the corn muffins at 10 minutes. They will cook differently at different elevations, and if they cook to long they get too dry