These chocolate chip cookies may be some of the most addicting cookies I’ve ever eaten. When you first read the recipe you may think that they just sound weird and not that appetizing, but no lie, these cookies are so flippin good. The first time I made them I may have eaten 5 of them in one sitting, and then at least 3/4 of the batch within the next few days. So obviously I can’t make them that often.
The thing I love the most about these chocolate chip cookies is the perfect mixture of consistency and flavor. I’m pretty sure it’s the coconut flakes that gives it its yummy taste, and the corn flakes and oatmeal that give it its perfect consistency. (Which I know most people might think that sounds weird because a nice soft cookie is usually what they want) AND I am that person who usually loves a nice soft cookie, until, I tried these bad boys. Another thing that you need to know about these cookies is how well the coconut flakes blend in with the rest of the ingredients. My husband hates coconut flakes, but he LOVES these cookies. Really the flakes of coconut are pretty necessary to make this cookie perfect. I know this because I’ve tried making them without the coconute and they just weren’t the same.
Alright, the last thing I need you to know about these cookies is how delicious they are when they are frozen. Yes they are super good right out of the oven, but Oh my goodness are they good when you freeze them. I had made them at my mom’s and she froze some to keep them good for longer. I pulled one out of the freezer and ate it, and now I always freeze these cookies when I make them. I actually call them frozen cookies when I talk about them with my husband. You can always eat a bunch of them right out of the oven, and then put a few in a bag to freeze just to try it out. I’m pretty sure you wont regret it.
Well all I have left to say is if you’re looking for the most perfect chocolate chip cookie, then you seriously need to give these cookies a shot. If you’re not pleased, then I’m sorry, but it won’t change my opinion on how much I love these coconut chocolate chip crunch cookies.
- 3 sticks of softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 package milk chocolate chip cookies (I use Ghirardelli)
- In a large bowl mix together the butter, eggs, sugars and vanilla.
- Add in the baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix together.
- Mix in the coconut, corn flakes and oatmeal.
- Add in the flour one cup at a time and mix all the dough together.
- Mix in the chocolate chips. ( I use the whole bag, but you can use less)
- Put the cookie dough in the freezer for 10 minutes while the oven is preheating
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop balls of cookie dough onto cookie sheet.
- Put in the oven for 8-10 mins.
- Make sure you do not over cook, or the cookies will come out hard
- They should look a little under done
- (I like to freeze mine after. They are so yummy frozen or warm) 🙂