I love to make chili in the fall, and especially around Halloween. In fact, It is a tradition in our house to have Chili every Halloween. Well this last year we decided to try something different than the traditional Chili we are accustomed to. This Pumpkin Spice Chili was a nice twist to my traditional recipe. It may sound strange, but let me tell you, this is now one of our favorites! This is one of those recipes that you have to make to believe how good it is.
I seriously am in love with this Pumpkin Spice Chili! This is a recipe you really do not want to miss out on! Nothing beats a bowl of warm chili on a crisp cool Autumn day, and Fall weather is quickly approaching. This recipe will make a very large pot of chili which will make for great leftovers the next day!!
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 (15 oz.) cans red kidney beans, drained. (I used 2 cans light red kidney beans and 1 can dark red kidney beans)
- 1 (46 oz.) can Tomato Juice
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pkg. chili seasoning (1.25 oz.)
- ¼ cup sugar
- In a large pot, cook the ground beef till brown and drain off excess fat. Add the onion and pepper to the meat and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the drained beans, tomato juice, diced tomatoes, and pumpkin puree. Stir in the seasonings and sugar. Simmer for at least an hour before serving. Serve with Ritz crackers (our favorite!) ENJOY!!!
- (This can also be done in a crock pot, just mix all together and let it cook on low for about 4-5 hours.)