Caramel Carrot Poke Cake
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Cake
Serves: Serves 12
- 1 box Duncan Hines Calssic Carrot Cake Mix (21.41oz.)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3-4 Tbsp. milk
- 1 cup caramel topping
- Make cake mix according to package directions. For this cake it requires:
- /4 cup warm water
- large eggs
- /4 cup vegetable oil
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and lightly flour.
- Cook for 30-33 minutes (according to package directions) in preheated 325 degree oven for dark pans, and 350 degrees for metal or glass pans. (I used the dark coated pan and cooked for 33 minutes in a 325 degree oven.)
- Pull cake out of oven. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- While cake is resting, make the cream cheese glaze by first beating the cream cheese till smooth. Add the sugar and beat again for another minute. Add the salt, lemon juice and milk. Mix on low speed until smooth. (If you need it a little thinner you can add a little more milk)
- Set aside.
- With end of a ¼ inch dowel, or whatever you might have around that size, punch several holes in the cake.
- Warm 1 cup of the caramel topping in the microwave so it thins out.
- Drizzle ½ cup to ¾ cups of the topping over the cake so that it flows into the holes. (Save the rest of the cake for drizzling over the ice-cream when serving.)
- Drizzle the the cream cheese glaz over the top of the cake.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice-cream, and drizzle the left over caramel topping on top.
- So delicious!!!
(If cake is cooled, warm up in the microwave. I promise it is best when served warm and topped with ice-cream)