Barbecue Chicken Soup
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: soup
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic (I used the minced garlic in a jar, I hate chopping garlic!)
- 2- 11oz cans Green Giant Steam Fresh Mexicorn (corn with peppers), drained.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (Sweet Baby Rays, oh yeah!)
- 1 Rotisserie chicken with meat pulled off and cut into pieces. (about 3-4 cups)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup french fried onions
- Debone and cut up the rotisserie chicken into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- In a large pot, saute the onion and garlic in olive till the onions start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, corn, chicken broth, barbecue sauce and seasonings.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, or till ready to serve.
- When serving, top with mozzarella cheese and fried onions!