One of the comfort foods that I will crave from time to time is homemade Mac n’ Cheese. There is something about that ooey gooey goodness with the taste of rich cheese blended together with a delicious cream that just really hits the spot. Well, with it being fall I was craving some yummy comfort food and I came up with this bacon pepper jack mac n’ cheese recipe.
How We Came Up With The Pepper Jack Mac and Cheese Recipe
Originally I was just wanting to add a little kick to this mac n’ cheese recipe by adding in the pepper jack cheese, but that night my family was also eating BLTs and there was some extra bacon laying around. I thought I would try mixing the two together because honestly bacon never ruins anything.
Well of course the combo was absolutely delicious. I loved the kick that the pepper jack cheese gave this macaroni recipe. It didn’t end up being too spicy, but just enough to switch things up from your regular mac n’ cheese recipe. The bacon just adds that extra flavor that ended up making this dinner recipe perfect. I was very pleased with how this whole bacon pepper jack mac n’ cheese recipe turned out. My husband and kids love it, too!
Bacon Mac n’ Cheese for the Win
This pepper jack mac n’ cheese recipe is one that I will be making around my house all winter. Anything that both the kids AND the adults love is a win in my book.
Be careful though, because this recipe definitely is a tad bit addicting.
Try this Bacon Pepper Jack Mac n’ Cheese Recipe!
- 4 tbsp butter (1/2 cube)
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese
- 1-1½ cup sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 16 oz box of macaroni pasta
- Cook the bacon til crispy.
- Set aside on a plate and dab off the grease with a paper towel.
- In a large pot boil the box of pasta according to package and drain and return to pot.
- In a separate sauce pan melt the butter over medium heat.
- After the butter is melted whisk in the flour to create a buttery paste.
- Add in the cups of cream and milk while still stirring with the whisk.
- Let the cream and milk mixture heat up for two minute while continuously stirring.
- Add in each cup of cheese while stirring with the whisk.
- (Wait for each cup of cheese to melt before adding in the next cup of cheese)
- After all the cheese has been added and melted in, then break up the crispy bacon into the cheese sauce.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the drained macaroni pasta and stir together.
- Serve while still hot.
For another great macaroni and cheese recipe, try out our Sharp White Cheddar Mac n’ Cheese Recipe!