This Raspberry Pretzel Jello Salad is an all time favorite of my kids (who are actually all adults now, but have not outgrown their love for this jello salad). My son in law had never tried this before, and was a little skeptical, but was pleasantly surprised to find that jello with pretzels could be so good!
Is Pretzel Jello Salad a Dessert?
In fact, when I brought dessert out later he said, “we get two desserts!?” He thought the Pretzel Jello Salad we had just eaten was the dessert because it was so dang good. So this could be served as either a dessert or salad to go with your meal….it tastes fabulous either way!
Raspberry Pretzel Jello Salad is Both Salty and Sweet!
This Raspberry Pretzel Jello Salad is the perfect combo of salty and sweet, and if you want to switch things up a bit, it is also delicious with strawberries. All you have to do is switch the raspberry jello for strawberry jello and the frozen raspberries for frozen strawberries, and walah! You will have a Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad.
I love it both ways! Dessert or salad, Raspberry or Strawberry…you choose!
Try This Raspberry Pretzel Salad Recipe Today!
- Raspberry Pretzel Salad
- Jello topping:
- 6 oz raspberry jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 10oz packages frozen raspberries
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 oz. cool whip
- First make the crust by crushing the pretzels,
- (I put them in a big plastic bag and use my rolling pin to crush and roll them)
- Mix the pretzels, butter and sugar and put into a 9x13 pan.
- Press into bottom and bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool
- Mix the filling by beating the cream cheese with sugar till smooth.
- Stir in Cool Whip.
- Spread on cooked pretzel crust.
- Put in fridge for ½ hour.
- In another bowl, mix jello and boiling water to dissolve.
- Add frozen berries.
- Pour over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving
For another great jello salad recipe, try our Cherry Cranberry Jello Salad!