I personally liked the Strawberry cake mix brownies the best, but it was a pretty even match. Some of my family members preferred the Red Velvet and others the Strawberry. All around though the verdict was a big thumbs up for both of these. I think half the fun is that we get to eat red and pink brownies!I just love it when I can find a recipe this simple that is a crowd-pleaser. If you’ve ever wondered how to make brownies out of cake mix, the answer is that it’s really very easy! There were seriously only 3 ingredients in these Easy Valentine Cake Mix Brownies, minus the drizzled white chocolate on top. These Valentine brownies are fun and easy to make, and they look amazing once they are done, too.
Fall in Love with Valentine Cake Mix Brownies
I plan to make another batch of these Valentine brownies tomorrow so that I can share them with some of the people I love most on Valentines day. This would be a fun treat to let the kiddo help out with, too. My 5 year old daughter always wants to help me cook, but sometimes her attention span is so short that she bails out before we even get started on a recipe. So short and simple cake mix brownie recipes are the best for helping mommy in the kitchen.
However, I’m starting to suspect that she has alternative motives to want to cook these pink brownies with me (like getting to lick the bowl and the spoon after the batter is done) 🙂 . Oh well, at least we get some good mother daughter bonding time in. And on top of that, we get some delicious Valentine’s Day brownies to enjoy together!
For another great Valentine’s Day recipe, try our Strawberry Jello Cake!
- 1 box Strawberry Cake mix and/or Red Velvet cake mix
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ bag Ghirardelli White chocolate chips
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine cake mix, oil, and eggs in a bowl with hand mixer
- Line 9x13 pan with parchment paper with some excess folding over the edges of the pan
- Cook at 350 for about 13-15 minutes ( Do not overcook, you want them to be somewhat gooey)
- Allow to cool
- When cooled grab the edges of the parchment paper and gently remove
- Pour half a bag of white chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds
- Remove and stir, then microwave for another 10 seconds and stir...repeat this process until smooth with no lumps
- Take a fork and dip it in the white chocolate and then drizzle back and forth over the top of the brownies
- Allow to cool so that the White chocolate hardens ( I put them in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes)
If white chocolate is too thick and is not drizzling well, try adding a 1 tsp of oil to it to make it creamier