When I’ve made a recipe that calls for whipped cream, I always find it to be the easiest if I just go to the store and buy pre-made whipped cream such as cool whip. Don’t get me wrong, I actually really love the flavor of cool whip, but still nothing compares to a dessert recipe that is smothered in fluffy homemade whipped cream.
In my opinion, it makes pie, jellos, and cakes taste way better.
This whipped cream is so simple to make. It really takes only 5 minutes and the results are amazing. Not only is it easy, but it’s also fun. Seriously when I was a little girl I use to love being the one in charge of the whipped cream. I think it just amazed me how the cream could thicken up by just mixing it together really fast. I loved watching as it slowly got thicker and thicker, and then of course being able to stick my finger in and sample it before anyone else.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl add the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Using a hand mixer, mix together on high til the cream thickens and creates little peaks.
- EASY AS THAT!
- You can also do this in a kitchen aid using the whisk. Just add the ingredients and turn on the kitchen aid to medium speed and let the whipping cream whip up.
- NOTE:The larger the bowl better because it will splash everywhere if you have a small bowl
- Top on any of your favorite pie, cakes, or jello!