Looking for a side dish/salad that’s not too heavy and just the right amount of sweet? When you’re ready to mix it up and try an appetizer that is both natural and tasty, then you’ve come to the right place.
Here is a strawberry spinach salad that my mom makes that is both delicious and healthy. We’ve eaten this strawberry spinach salad for years and I’ve always enjoyed the mix of fruit, almonds and greenery tossed together. This is one of my very favorites!
Strawberry Spinach Salada
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 bag fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup vinegar
- couple of shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbs. poppy seeds
- 1 Tbs. sesame seeds
- Place spinach, strawberries and celery in a bowl.
- Cook the almonds in the sugar till the sugar caramelizes and sticks to the almonds, let cool.
- Mix dressing and toss with salad adding almonds.
Don't add dressing till ready to serve. You can add as much or little dressing as you like.