Easy Ham n' Corn Chowder
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Soup
- 1- 10¾ oz. can Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 14.5 oz. can of Chicken Broth
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 12 oz. frozen corn
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 cup half and half, or milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- (Lemon Pepper to taste, I put in about 2 tsps.) Optional
- Stove Top Method:
- (This first step is optional, but I like to saute my onions in the Olive Oil, just to sweeten the flavor of the onion. If you choose not to do it, then you won't need the Olive Oil and you can just add the onion to the soup mix)
- In a large pot saute onions in Olive Oil till translucent.
- Add the soups, corn, ham and salt and pepper to the pot.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the half and half and heat through for 10 more minutes.
- Slow Cooker Method:
- Same as above, but just throw all the ingredients excluding half and half into your crock pot and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Add the half and half after four hours and heat through for 20 more minutes on low.