Our family has always been a big fan of the restaurant Chili’s, and since I love BBQ sauce and bacon so much, I am totally in love with Chili’s Monterey chicken. It’s easily the best dish on the menu!
It is so full of delicious BBQ flavor and to top it off it is loaded with delicious cheese and bacon, and let’s be honest with ourselves – Cheese and bacon make everything taste better. If you think otherwise, then you are probably just in denial. Stop lying to yourself and just enjoy it already! 😉
A Chili’s Monterey Chicken Setback
Well, unfortunately a while back Chili’s decided to take their Chili’s Monterey Chicken off of their menu. I swear this always happens to me. My favorite menu items at my favorite restaurants always end up getting discontinued. What are these people thinking? Why get rid of something that tastes so amazingly good?
Well to sooth my broken heart the only logical solution was to come up with my own Chili’s Monterey Chicken recipe. So I pulled out a bunch of the ingredients from my fridge, put them together in one amazing Monterey chicken dish and it ended up being like magic for the taste buds. This recipe tastes just as good if not better than the original Monterey chicken recipe.
For other delicious chicken recipes, try our Sweet Soy Chicken Marinade Recipe!
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ c ranch dressing ( I like Hidden Valley's ranch made from the packet)
- Your favorite BBQ sauce ( my favorite is Sweet Baby Rays)
- 8 slices of bacon
- shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese
- 1 roma tomato
- green onions
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each Chicken breast in half and place on a cookie sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Salt and pepper the chicken and then spread about a spoonful of ranch over each chicken breast. Cook in oven for about 30 - 40 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, cut each bacon slice into thirds and cook your bacon over medium heat in a frying pan until crisp.
- Be careful not to burn though.
- Take the chicken out of the oven when it is cooked all the way through and coat the top of each chicken breast with about a Tbsp of BBQ sauce.
- Place bacon pieces on top of BBQ sauce ( comes out to about a slice of bacon per chicken) and smother with cheese ( I like to pile on the cheese).
- Turn your oven to broil and stick it back in the oven for about 5 minutes or just until the cheese is melted
- Top each chicken with a little bit of fresh diced tomato and green onions as a garnish.