I was in the mood for pasta today, so I looked in my cupboards and refrigerator to see what ingredients I could find to help me. Luckily I found everything I needed to throw together this yummy Chicken and Bacon Penne Pasta recipe.
I always have frozen chicken in my freezer because I am a believer in saving time when it comes to making dinner. My daughter had fresh spinach in the fridge because she always makes protein drinks in the morning so the only thing I was actually surprised that I had was the half and half. (I could have used milk though and it still would have been ok.)
I decided to just start cooking and this Chicken and Bacon Penne Paste recipe is what I came up with. I have to say, I was pretty happy with it and so was the family. Sometimes it pays to just go by what you have around and see if you can create something delicious.
For another amazing penne pasta recipe, try this Sun Dried Tomato Penne Pasta Salad recipe!
- 10 oz. package penne pasta, cooked and drained.
- 1 16 oz. package frozen precooked Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken.
- (You could use a fresh Rotisserie cooked chicken and pull all the meat off)
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- 1⅓ cup half and half
- 6 oz. package grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 shakes of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tomatoes finely diced
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.Drain
- Cook bacon and crumble.
- In a large pan, saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil.
- Add the chicken and heat through.
- Add the half and half, and Parmesan cheese.
- Heat until cheese is melted.
- Add lemon pepper, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Toss in the spinach, bacon and chicken.
- Heat through until spinach is cooked.
- Toss in pasta. (You might not need all of the pasta, add as much as you like)
- Serve with fresh diced tomatoes on top.