This last year my husband and I moved into a new home. It is perfect for our little family of three and has everything we could dream of having at this stage in our lives. Well with us being in a new home my husband decided he wanted to show off our house and throw his family’s Christmas party at our house. Like I said before the house we live in is perfect for our family of 3, but isn’t the best for entertaining large groups of people, especially since our basement isn’t finished yet and I don’t have a great play area for the kids. Well, since I thought not everyone was going to fit and we weren’t going to have enough varietey of food for everyone, I was pleasantly surprised when the party ended up being a hit, and I was able to fit everyone in the house without too big of a fuss. I was pretty proud of myself. And I might even throw more parties at my house in the future
So how does that little story relate to this post? Here it is. Right before everyone got here I was running around like a crazy lady trying to finish everything up. I had bought all the ingredients for our Raspberry Fluff Jello Salad but had failed to read the directions beforehand. So as I started making the salad I realized that one big detail in the instructions was that the salad was going to need to sit over night. i mean if I had started making the salad 3 hours in advance I wouldn’t have worried so much, but I was working with 20 mins. SO I decided to go with another option and throw together several ingredients that I had in my pantry. That my friends is how this Raspberry Marshmallow Fluff Salad came to be. It is so delicious and SO SO easy to make. Plus you don’t have to worry about making it the night before.
I was totally worried nobody was going to like this salad, and had actually kept it in the fridge til my husband convinced me to pull it out and serve it. This raspberry salad ended up being the only thing on the table that night that was completely gone. I think it’s safe to say that this salad will easily be a hit at any party you serve it at.
- 8 oz tub of cool whip
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding
- 32 oz tub of vanilla yogurt
- 12 oz packages of frozen raspberries
- In a large bowl mix together the yogurt and pudding. Stir til completely mixed together.
- Fold in the cool whip and raspberries. (The raspberries will soften while the salad sets)
- Add the marshmallows and stir together.
- Cover and let the salad sit in the fridge for 30 mins. (This will allow the raspberries to soften. Fold the salad with a spoon several times after removing from the fridge and the raspberries' juice will spread throughout the salad)