One of my fondest memories from all the holiday parties I have attended over the years with my husbands family, are the slush drinks that my mother in-law always served . She had several kinds that she would make, and they were all delicious, but my all time favorite was the Banana Slush. It consists of orange juice, pineapple juice, bananas and lemon juice. This combination is absolutely perfect!
It wasn’t uncommon for us to drink so much of this slush before dinner was served, that it was hard to find room for any other food. Oh well, the slush was definitely worth it.
The great thing about this recipe is that you make it ahead of time and freeze it. When you are ready to serve it you can take it out a little early and then mix the soda in with it. This makes a perfect drink for any party any time of the year. I have served it at baby showers, birthdays and Christmas or New Years parties. It is absolutely one of my families favorites.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 large (12 oz.) can frozen orange juice
- 1 large (12 oz.) can frozen lemonade
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 3-4 bananas mashed thoroughly
- 1 liter 7up or Sprite
- Combine sugar and water and heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the orange juice, lemonade, pineapple juice and bananas
- Mix well.
- Freeze over night in a large bowl or pot.
- (I like to freeze it in a large pot, then I can add the soda and mix with a potato masher)
- Pour soda over it and mash together.