With Christmas and New Years approaching there will be a line up of holiday parties to attend. Our family has 2 this weekend alone. So I’m always on the lookout for fun easy appetizer ideas to please a crowd. These Bacon Wrapped Tater Bites definitely pleased my palette and are sure to be a crowd pleaser at any holiday party.. I should have guessed beforehand though, that pretty much anything with bacon wrapped around it is going to taste amazing.
I loved how easy these were to make too! Just make sure you spray your pan beforehand (we learned that the hard way) or they might be difficult to remove from the pan in one piece. We also like to cook them on foil (sprayed with Pam) to avoid having to clean a messy pan afterwards.
I seriously could have eaten a whole pan of these Bacon Wrapped Tater Bites. In fact if I didn’t have any concern for my health or the raging stomach ache that would emerge afterward, I would have devoured all of these by myself. They are just that good!!! This sauce makes the perfect combo as well, but if you’d like to simplify things even more, you could just serve them with good old ketchup or whatever the heck pleases you.
- 1 lb. bacon (cut slices into thirds)
- 30-40 frozen tater tots
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Dipping Sauce:
- ⅓ cup Ketchup
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs.Honey Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. A-1 sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Wrap each tater tot with ⅓ slice of bacon. (you can do ½ a slice for more bacon if you like)
- Roll each bacon wrapped tot in the brown sugar until well coated.
- Place seam side down onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- While cooking make dipping sauce by mixing together all the ingredients and keeping refrigerated until ready to serve.