If zucchini is abundant in your garden, then you will want to try this recipe for Zucchini Sausage Bake.
I got this recipe from my sister in law, ( she has a blog called http://weekdaychef.blogspot.com/) and let me tell you, it is one of my favorite zucchini dishes!
Every time I make this, my family always raves about how good this is.
- 4 medium zucchini's sliced thinly
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 16oz. package Jimmy Dean Sausage
- 1 cup Bisquick
- ¼ cup milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs beaten
- ¾ cup grated cheddar jack cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Spray a 9x9 pan with cooking spray. Layer the zucchini slices in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the onion on top of the zucchini.
- Cook and brown the sausage, and drain off any excess grease.
- Put the sausage on top of the zucchini and onion.
- Salt and pepper the layers.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the bisquick, milk, egg and oil till smooth.
- Pour on top of the zucchini and sausage layers.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 30 to 40 minutes or until it looks golden on top.
- I like to let it set just for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Sooo, delicious!!!