My sister in law introduced me to these delicious German Pancakes when I was visiting her last year in Washington. I absolutely fell in love with them right away and just had to get my hands on the recipe. I really am not sure how I went my whole life not knowing what German pancakes are. I feel so deprived!
The thing that I love most about this recipe for German Pancakes is that they are so easy to make. All you need are five ingredients that most people already have laying around their home. Typically, extra trips to the grocery store are not necessary. Which is a huge plus!
I love making this recipe for my grand daughter, because she gets excited to see them puff up when they come out of the oven. Please don’t let the strange appearance discourage you, because that’s what makes them so much fun. Top these yummy pancakes with your favorite topping (syrup, jam, cinnamon sugar, fresh berries, etc.) and in less then 30 minutes breakfast is ready!
This German Pancakes recipe has now become a regular around our house. We eat it almost every weekend because it is so easy to whip up and the whole family loves it!
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 Tbs. butter
- Optional: (strawberries, syrup, jam, cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix eggs, milk, flour and salt together with a hand mixer.
- Place butter in a 9 x 13 casserole and place in oven until butter is melted.
- Remove pan from oven and pour batter into the pan.
- Place back in oven for about 17 minutes.
- Serve with syrup, strawberry jam, or sprinkle powdered sugar on top.