Sun Dried Tomato Penne Pasta Salad
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 box whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 jar of julienne cut sun dried tomatoes
- 1 bunch of chopped cilantro
- 1 container crumbled feta cheese
- 1 package of Tyson precooked chicken breasts
- 1 pack of Jack Daniel's Mesquite flavored marinade in a bag
- Marinade the frozen chicken for a couple of hours in the Jack Daniels Mesquite marinade as you allow the precooked chicken to thaw.
- When the chicken is thawed dice the chicken into small pieces.
- Boil and cook pasta and then rinse it in cold water.
- Place pasta in a large salad bowl and add the diced mesquite chicken.
- Mix in the whole jar of julienne cut sun dried tomatoes including the oil, as well as the chopped cilantro, and crumbled feta cheese.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Note: If you would like a more moist flavorful salad, pour the excess Jack Daniels marinade over the chicken again after it has been diced and then add to salad.