My family LOVES sugar, as I’m sure most families do. When we get together we always have a big meal and a really delicious dessert to top it off! Sure we may over do it, but when we find a recipe as delicious as this one, you even have the diabetics in the family not being able to turn it down! Chocolate Lasagna was a total hit in our home. It’s honestly perfect for any occasion and is one of those desserts you can eat during any season! If you’re as big of a chocolate fan as we are, then chocolate lasagna will do it for you
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 package regular Oreo cookies (Not Double Stuff) – about 36 cookies
- 6 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cold milk1- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip, divided
- 2 – 3.9 ounce packages Chocolate Instant Pudding.
- 3¼ cups cold milk
- 1 and ½ cups mini chocolate chips
- Put 36 Oreo cookies in a food processor and crush the oreos until they have turned to fine crumbs. You can also place them in a large ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin or smashing them with your hands. (You can also use the magic bullet)
- Put the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl and stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter and use a fork to mix the butter into the cookie crumbs. When the butter is mixed in, put the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press down the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Let the crust sit in the refrigerator while you mix up the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until it's fluffy. Add 2 Tablespoons of milk, and the sugar, and mix well. Stir in 1 and ¼ cups Cool Whip. After you have mixed all those ingredients together then spread what you have just mixed up over the crust.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the chocolate instant pudding with 3 and ¼ cups cold milk. Whisk with hand or hand mixer for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the previous cream cheese layer. Allow the dessert to sit for 5-10 minutes so that the pudding can better firm up.
- Take the remaining Cool Whip and spread over the top of your layers. Finish off by sprinkling mini chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving