This Steak and Everything Sandwich has been one of my favorite sandwiches for as long as I can remember. In my early years of marriage, I made these but used hamburger instead of steak because it was more budget friendly. This is good using hamburger, steak or roast beef which gives you options if you are watching the budget. What is good about this recipe is that you can add or delete whatever you want. I would even add some tomato to these for an extra flavor. Easy and delicious!!
- 1 lb. sliced sirloin steak strips, or sliced roast beef, or hamburger.
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 pkg. (about 9 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- Hoagie Rolls
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup Swiss cheese shredded, or 6 large slices
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and cook the sirloin strips till cooked through.
- Add the mushrooms, green pepper and onion.
- Cook and stir until they become tender, about 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste, add the Worcestershire sauce and heat through.
- Turn the heat on low and spread the cheese over the top of the meat. Place a lid on skillet and let the cheese melt, about a couple of minutes.
- Toast your hoagie bun in the toaster, or lay it on a buttered pan and lightly brown.
- Spread mayonnaise on the bun and cover with meat and veggies.
- Soooo good! Enjoy!
*If using hamburger, cook the hamburger first. Cook the vegetables in the olive oil and combine together after the vegetables are sautéed.