Cake Mix Dinner Rolls
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Bread
- 1 (9 oz.) pkg. "Jiffy" Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 (.25 oz.) active dry yeast package
- 1½ cups warm water
- 3¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter, melted (to brush on rolls)
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cake mix. Beat until smooth. (I use my kitchenaid with my dough hook)
- Add some flour to a pastry board (or your counter) and knead any additional flour into the dough until it is no longer sticky.
- Lightly oil another large bowl and place the dough in the bowl, turning over to cover all sides with the oil. Cover with a wet towel and let rise in a warm place till double in size, about an hour.
- Once risen, punch down and place on a pastry board and roll into a large rectangle. You want to cut the rectangle into smaller rectangles that are 2"x4". Make an "L" with your thumb and pointer finger and that will show you how wide and tall to cut them.
- Brush each rectangle with the melted butter, then roll them up shorter end to shorter end. Lightly spray the cookie sheet and lay your rolls seem side down. Cover with a towel and let rise till double in size, about 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the rolls for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. (I always check them after the initial cooking time, then cook for another 2 minutes till they look right)
- Brush tops with butter after removing from oven.
FOR NUTRTIONAL VALUE AND MORE FUN RECIPES, CLICK ON THE MAGIC RECIPE BUTTON!