Fudge Cookie Blossoms
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Cookies
- ¼ Cup butter, softened
- 1 15.25 oz pkg. chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- Choice of:
- 24 Hershey Kisses
- 12 Maraschino Cherries cut in half
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut butter into cake mix in a bowl until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in egg and water until well blended.
- (If adding White chocolate chips, add them now. Or if you like you can add the cherries to the dough also if you don't want to place them on top.)
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place walnuts in a shallow dish and roll dough balls in the walnuts; press to adhere.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-11 minutes or until puffed and nearly set.
- If adding Hershey Kisses or cherries, place on the cookie as soon as you pull out of oven.
- Let cool for 2 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack and cool.
- (Remember to let cookie sheet cool in between batches)