Holiday Crescent Wreaths
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Appetizer
- CHICKEN & CHEESE CRESCENT WREATH
- 1 can white chicken breast
- ⅓ cup cream of chicken soup
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions chopped
- ½ red pepper diced
- 2 celery sticks chopped
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack Cheese, or Jack Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup broccoli chopped (Optional)
- ¼ cup chopped water chestnuts
- 2 pkgs. Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 egg
- Sesame seeds
- BACON BROCCOLI WREATH
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled. (I actually used a 1 lb. package because I love bacon!)
- 8 oz container of chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 cup of finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 pkgs Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 egg
- Sesame Seeds
- Chicken and Cheese Instructions:
- This will make 2 smaller wreaths, or 1 large wreath.
- Combine chicken, soup, mayonnaise, onions, red pepper, celery, broccoli, chestnuts and cheese together in a bowl.
- Unroll crescents and lay in a circle on a cookie sheet with the wide end facing the middle. Press edges together to connect.
- Spread chicken mixtures on wide end of crescent (half of mixture if making two wreaths)
- Pull the narrow end of crescent to the middle of the wreath and tuck under.
- Lightly brush egg on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cook in a 375 degree oven for 15-18 minutes or till evenly browned.
- Let cool some before serving, it will set up and pull apart easier.
- Bacon Broccoli Instructions:
- On a cookie sheet, lay 1 can of crescent rolls with the wide end facing the center. Form them into a circle pressing the edges together where they connect.
- Spread half of the cream cheese on the wide end of the crescents to about 1 inch of the narrow end.
- In a small bowl, mix the pepper, broccoli and bacon together, then spread ½ of the wide end of the crescent.
- Pull the narrow end over the top toward the center and tuck underneath.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl, then brush the crescents with the egg.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
- Cook in a 375 degree oven for about 15-18 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Eat soon after cooking, refrigerate any leftovers