Recently my roommate Brittney has been making Oreo Balls and spreading the love with various boys around Provo. Every person that she has brought these to have been in awe at how amazing they taste.
While scanning Pinterest for ideas on Christmas treat ideas, I came across these cute little snowman brownie balls on grin and bake it . I decided to do my own rendition and turned them into Oreo balls. If you are trying to think of cute christmas treats to do for your neighbors, then these little snowman Oreo balls are a quick and easy idea. They are the perfect mixture of adorable and delicious!
- 1 package of Oreos
- 1 pkg 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Mini chocolate chips
- Orange sprinkles
- Sucker sticks
- There are two ways of doing this. (I prefer the second)
- st Option: you can take the Oreos and scrape the frosting in with the cream cheese to blend, and then crush up the Oreos in a plastic baggie with a rolling pin.
- nd option: Take all the Oreos (frosting and all) and crush them up in a magic bullet, Ninja or food processor. This will make them a powder and then you can mix them with the cream cheese.
- Take the Oreo mixture and put them into balls. Some bigger than others so you have a body and head. Put them onto a pan with wax paper and put them in the freezer for 2 hours.
- When you remove them from the freezer take a head and body and put together with the sucker stick.
- Melt the white chocolate and vegetable oil in the microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds.
- Take the snowman bodies and roll them in the chocolate. Let them sit until hardened.
- Decorate the face with the mini chocolate chips and sprinkles by dabbing them in the white chocolate and placing onto the snowman.
- Wrap up in baggies and deliver!
Check out these other great holiday ideas on our 30 days of Christmas Countdown:
|Peppermint Krispy Treats|