I LOVE Rice Krispie Treats. In high school I used to make up quick Rice Krispie Treat recipes, using different ingredients around my mom’s kitchen. Still to this day, I have a weakness when I see a plate with these little temptations.
While shopping at the store with my mama, I came across a bag of peppermint marshmallows. Obviously Rice Krispy Treats popped into my mind instantly and how great these would be as a treat for the neighbors during the holiday season.
Turned out, these were a hit around the house and with our guests. These Peppermint Krispy Treats are definitely quick and easy, yet super delicious!
- 8 cups of Rice Krispies
- 1 baggie of peppermint marshmallows
- ¼ bag of chocolate peppermint chips or chunks
- 5 tbsp butter
- ½ bag white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add the marshmallows. Stir continually until the marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from heat and add Rice Krispies. Spray a 8x12 or 9x13 pan and scoop the mixture in.
- In a bowl melt the chocolate chips and oil in the microwave for 1 minute (or until completely smooth), stirring every 15 seconds.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the Rice Krispies and sprinkle the peppermint chips over the top.
- Put in the fridge for 20 minutes, and then serve!