Thanksgiving is one of my most favorite Holidays. I love all the family time as well as all the yummy food – especially the delicious amounts of turkey. When preparing Thanksgiving dinner, you can usually plan on lots and lots of leftovers, but who doesn’t love leftover turkey? I sure do, but sometimes I am at a loss as what to do with all of it. Turkey Tetrazzini may be the answer.
Turkey Tetrazzini By Rachael Ray
If you’re looking for something to do with that leftover turkey, this Turkey Tetrazzini is a great choice. This came from Rachael Ray’s recipes and with the kids home for the holidays, it was gone in a flash!
This turkey recipe can also be frozen and enjoyed later.
Enjoy Turkey Tetrazzini Any Time of Year
Rachael Ray’s Turkey Tetrazzini is a perfect dish for the holidays, but it doesn’t mean you can only make it at Thanksgiving! Try whipping out this turkey tetrazzini recipe for your family during winter weeks where you need something to spice up the monotony. Since it can be frozen, you can make use of cooking an entire turkey and have meals made for days afterwards.
Hopefully this year you will be able to use this recipe to help you use up all that yummy leftover turkey.
Try This Rachael Ray Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe Today!
- 8 ounces linguine pasta, broken in half
- ¾ pound skinless, boneless turkey breast cut into ½ inch chunks
- salt and pepper
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- ½ Tbsp thyme
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Cook pasta according to package
- Season the turkey with salt and pepper. In a large skillet heat 1 Tbsp butter and cook turkey till lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl
- Add Tbsp butter to the skillet and add mushrooms and thyme. Saute till mushrooms start to soften, about 3 minutes. Transfer to bowl with turkey
- Melt the remaining 3 Tbsp butter in skillet. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk and broth and bring to a boil, then simmer for 2-3 minutes to thicken.
- Stir in ½ of the parmesan and the peas and carrots. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the turkey, mushrooms and pasta to the sauce and toss.
- Place in 9x13 dish and sprinkle with the rest of the parmesan cheese.
- (You can also add bread crumbs by melting 2 Tbsp butter and adding 1 cup bread crumbs)
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins
For another great turkey recipe, try out our Savory Turkey Noodle Soup!