When I was little, my mom used to make finger jello all the time. I guess she figured it was easier for the kids to eat it without making a mess.
I love that you could pick them up and eat them without a spoon. They were jiggly and sometimes we probably played with the jello more than we ate it.
Making Memories With Christmas Jello
Oh well, fun memories! She always made them one flavor, but if she was ambitious she would make them with a couple of layers.
This Layered Christmas Jello is just a version of finger Jello but with a few extra layers of yumminess! (I know yumminess isn’t a real word but it should be!)
This Layered Christmas Jello recipe is a little time consuming, but it is well worth it! I will find something to watch or listen to as I make this to fill in the extra time. Since I usually make this around the holidays, Hallmark movies and Micheal Buble Christmas songs usually are my go-tos.
Layered Christmas Jello for the Holidays
I love this jello, and choosing whatever flavor you want makes it very versatile. This is a Christmas version, of course, since I am using red and green jello. It can be served to be eaten with a spoon or the way we like it is to cut it into little squares to make it more like finger food. The kids will love it and not only does it look amazing it tastes amazing too!
Try This Christmas Jello Recipe Today!
- 4 (3 oz.) boxes of jello. (2 cherry, 2 lime)
- 6 packages Knox unflavored gelatin (there is usually 4 to a box)
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 5¾ cups boiling water
- ¼ cup cold water
- Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish by lightly spraying with vegetable oil.
- In a small bowl combine 1 box lime jello, 1 package unflavored jello with 1 cup of the boiling water.
- Stir until completely dissolved. Let sit for approximately 5 minutes.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish and cool in refrigerator about 20 minutes or until almost firm.
- In another small bowl combine the sweetened condensed milk and 1 cup boiling water.
- In a separate bowl mix 2 packages of the unflavored gelatin with ¼ cup of cold water and let it stand for 1 minute.
- Stir in ¾ cup boiling water and dissolve completely. Add to the sweetened milk mixture.
- Pour 1 cup of the sweetened milk mixture over the first layer of jello. Refrigerate for 25 minutes.
- Mix the next layer of jello by combining 1 package cherry jello, 1 unflavored gelatin, and 1 cup boiling water. Let stand for several minutes before pouring over the creamy milk layer.
- Keep layering by repeating each stage above until you end with the red jello on top.
- (Make sure the jello sits for a few minutes before pouring over another layer, this will keep each layer pure)
- Chill each layer before putting a new layer on.
- When complete, chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Cut into desired sized squares.
For another great jello recipe, try our cranberry jello!